Fancy showcasing your work at this year’s RCPsych International Congress? Submit your abstract today!
21 January, 2022
Abstract submissions are now open for this year’s International Congress, which we are delighted to announce will be taking place in-person in the beautiful city of Edinburgh. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to showcase their poster at the Congress, or even present their work at one of our rapid-fire poster sessions. As per last year, we will also be publishing the original abstracts of the posters presented in a special online supplement of the BJPsych Open.
After an extended period of virtual interaction, this year’s Congress will provide you with the best opportunities to meet colleagues and delegates in-person, allowing for increased engagement and networking opportunities. We have also been hard at work redesigning the traditional poster hall and we can’t wait to welcome you to our brand new ePoster Hub!
Sitting at the very heart of the conference centre, the ePoster Hub will showcase all the accepted submissions on virtual screens, giving you the opportunity to browse through (literally) hundreds of posters showcasing the very latest in psychiatric research. Meeting up again in-person also gives you the opportunity to talk through your findings with your colleagues – why not take advantage of our presentation screens and book in your own Q+A session with all those interested? It is also a wonderful opportunity to enhance those presentation skills!
We can’t wait to show you what we have been working on! There really is no better time to submit that now! The deadline for submissions is Monday 7 February 2022.
Candidates accepted for rapid-fire will present in person, and any posters accepted will be displayed online and on screens at the venue.
Why should you submit your abstract?
- Enhance your CV: the opportunity to circulate your work and engage with your peers on an academic level - an impressive addition to any CV
- Opportunity for oral presentation: top-scoring posters will be invited to a rapid-fire poster session to pitch their poster and answer questions
- Get published: all successful abstracts will be published in a special supplement of the BJPsych Open
- Prizes available
- UK medical student and foundation doctor bursaries available
Top tips for your proposal
- Make sure you have read the full guidance before submitting your abstract
- Take care to complete the online submission form as fully and as accurately as possible. Incomplete submissions will not be considered
- You can edit and amend your submission up until the deadline. Have a look through the submission portal before submitting your abstract to prepare and familiarise yourself with the required information
- Please ensure you identify who the presenting author is
- There is no limit to the amount of abstracts you submit. If you have more than one idea for a poster presentation you can submit multiple abstracts. Simply login to the portal with the username and password you have created and add a new abstract
- Please submit all abstracts via our online portal (Oxford Abstracts). We will not accept proposals via email
- There are a number of UK bursaries available to medical students and foundation doctors. In addition, some International Divisions and Devolved Nations have bursaries available to those based in their region which can be used to fund registration, travel or accommodation.
- Only the presenting author can apply for a bursary as part of their submission, and the bursary is non-transferable. Please ensure you complete all the information required
- You cannot apply for a IC2022 bursary if you are already in receipt of a bursary from the RCPsych i.e Pathfinders or if you have received a bursary in the past three years
If you have any further questions regarding your submission, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you this summer.