Mentor mastery – what skills do I need to be a mentor?
06 December, 2019
A lot of the skillset of a good mentor overlaps with that of a good psychiatrist:
- appreciating ethical considerations
- building a trusting relationship
- super listening skills
- the ability to ask really great questions
- balancing challenge and support
- enabling others to make their own choices.
To find out more about learning skills for mentoring available from your Division go to our mentoring home page and scroll down to 'Upcoming events'.