journal collection includes a complete run of the College's own
The printed collection includes around 3000 books and reports.
These can be searched online through the Library catalogue. The
collection covers developments in the field of psychiatry
- Key classic texts reflecting the various disciplines within the
field of psychiatry
- All College publications under the RCPsych imprint (formerly
- The latest mental health strategies and medical guidelines
- A complete set of College
Occasional Papers and College
- Reference books including the classification works used in
the field of psychiatry
We will post books to you for free, but you have to pay the
cost to return them. Please email the library to
request a book to be sent to you.
A number of reports are held in PDF format and
accessed via the Library catalogue. We also subscribe to relevant
medical databases and other electronic resources. Details can be
found on the
The collection comprises over 300 monographs and government
papers reflecting the history of mental health and illness from the
15th century. The collection also includes the complete series of
Lunacy Commissioners reports from 1843-1915 and the Board of
Control reports from 1916-1937.
These can be viewed on appointment by contacting the Archivist.
email us any feedback (good or bad) you may have on our