Mental Health Information in
Leaflets in Welsh produced by the National Centre for
Mental Health: Canolfan lechyd Meddwl Genedlaethol
See also the following translations into Welsh
With grateful thanks to Gwynedd Council for
the translation of these leaflets in Welsh.
Gyda diolch mawr i Gyngor Gwynedd am
gyfieithu’r taflenni hyn i Gymraeg.
The Royal College of Psychiatrists is the professional and
educational body for psychiatrists in the United Kingdom and the
Republic of Ireland. We promote mental health by:
- Setting standards and promoting excellence in mental health
- Improving understanding through research and education
- Leading, representing, training and supporting
- Working with patients, carers and their organisations
Public education is one of the central tasks of the College. We
believe that everyone needs knowledge to make informed decisions
about their health.
Don't your leaflets just give a doctor's view of
We are doctors, but we do try to take a broader view.
How are the leaflets written?
They are written by psychiatrists who are members of the College's
Public Education Editorial Group. They collaborate with an expert
(or experts) in the field and with the College Service User
Recovery and Carers Forums. We are also grateful to the
psychiatrists, college staff and others who have helped to
translate and check the leaflets for accuracy.
Do they meet internet health information
They are checked to make sure they meet:
- DISCERN criteria (www.discern.org.uk/)
In our opinion, these are among the best available guidelines for
high quality health information.
Are they up to date?
We review them every 2 to 3 years. We update the web versions more
regularly to reflect any important changes in knowledge.
What's the point of the feedback section?
We use the feedback to help us update and re-edit the
We also appreciate the many helpful comments we
Who pays for all this?
- The editors are not paid. They are allowed to do this sort of
work for a period each week by their employers - universities or
- We do not accept pharmaceutical sponsorship for the printing of
- We accept some funding from charitable trusts and
- The College allocates a budget each year to cover some of the
printing, designing and marketing costs.
- Income is generated by the bulk sale of the paper versions
which goes back into the production of new materials
You don't have what I'm looking for
At the end of each leaflet we provide references so you can check
out our information or find more detailed information. If you have
any suggestions for leaflets that you would like us to develop,
please e-mail us at email@example.com