The Neuropsychiatry Faculty has the following aims:
- To promote Neuropsychiatry within the College and outside.
- To design and implement appropriate education and training in
Clinical Neuropsychiatry in the UK.
- To provide a voice for Neuropsychiatry service
- To foster academic and research links in Neuropsychiatry.
- To provide a network of support and information for interested
- To act as a resource for the College in its links with other
related professional bodies, governmental organisations and the
Faculty of Neuropsychiatry Mentoring
As neuropsychiatrists we work in one of the most interesting and
challenging areas of psychiatric practice. At the interface between
neurology and psychiatry our jobs are varied and our service user
base is wide. As a new faculty we have new opportunities to develop
our specialty further but to do this takes a co-ordinated
- How can I train as a neuropsychiatrist?
- Are there research
- Where can I find special interest
- Are there any courses I can
- Is there a job for me?
These questions are asked of us time and time
again and until now we have perhaps been only able to provide a
little bit of very local information - but not anymore!
The mentoring service will provide a single
point of contact who will then divert queries to nominated senior
mentors throughout the UK including Northern Ireland. Those
regional mentors will then use their expertise, knowledge and
experience to provide answers to these career development
The scheme is open to doctors of all grades.
Advice can also be given to medical students e.g. project option
placements in neuropsychiatry.
As a new scheme we will appreciate any
feedback and a satisfaction questionnaire will be sent to all those
who contact us. In due course a Facebook page will be developed
that will further widen access to the mentoring scheme.
CONTACT: Dr Czarina
How to contact the
To make contact with the Faculty, email Faculty Manager,