|Member||Year of joining||Position|
|Dr Michael Dilley||2020 (E)||Chair|
|Dr Czarina Kirk||2022 (E)||Vice Chair|
|Dr Rachel Thomasson||2022 (E)||Financial Officer|
|Dr George El-Nimr||2020 (E)||Academic Secretary|
|Dr Niruj Agrawal||2020 (E)||Committee Member|
|Dr Manjinder Bagary||2020 (E)||Committee Member|
|Dr Dorothea Bindman||2017 (C)||Committee Member|
|Dr Jacob Bird||2022 (E)||Committee Member|
|Dr Graham Blackman||2022 (C)||Higher Trainee Representative|
|Dr Alan Carson||2008 (C)||Scotland|
|Dr Harry Costello||2022 (C)||Higher Trainee Representative|
|Prof. Anthony David||2022 (C)||Committee Member|
|Dr Quinton Deeley||2022 (C)||Committee Member|
|Dr Hesham Elnazer||2022 (E)||Committee Member|
|Dr Janet Grace||2020 (E)||Committee Member|
|Prof. Eileen Joyce||2020 (C)||Immediate Past Chair|
|Dr Ashley Liew||2021 (C)||Committee Member|
|Dr Ruaidhri McCormack||2022 (E)||Committee Member|
|Dr Seth Mensah||2018 (C)||Wales|
|Dr Ana Miorelli||2022 (E)||Committee Member|
|Dr Timothy Nicholson||2020 (C)||Committee Member|
|Dr David Okai||2020 (C)||Committee Member|
|Dr Maria Oto Llorens||2022 (C)||Committee Member|
|Prof. Hugh Rickards||2014 (C)||Committee Member|
|Dr Hugh Selsick||2018 (C)||Committee Member|
|Dr Tarun Singh||2022 (C)||PTC Rep|
|Dr Oliver Sparasci||2021 (C)||PTC Rep|
|Dr Baskaran Sridharan||2022 (E)||Committee Member|
|Dr Christopher Symeon||2022 (E)||Committee Member|
|Dr Peter Trimble||2014 (C)||Northern Ireland|
|Dr Himanshu Tyagi||2020 (E)||Committee Member|
|Dr Gayathri Venkatesan||2022 (C)||Committee Member|
|Dr Killian Welch||2020 (E)||Committee Member|
The Faculty of Neuropsychiatry Strategy is:
- To set a neuropsychiatry syllabus and curriculum according to GMC guidelines
- To lobby and support the commissioning of neuropsychiatry services to ensure equitable access
- To provide high standard educational meetings to promote the clinical neurosciences relevant to the practice of psychiatry
Neuropsychiatry working groups
The epilepsy working group is open to all the members of the College who have a special interest in epilepsy and its psychiatric comorbidities.
The group is currently working on:
- defining the role of neuropsychiatrist in epilepsy surgery programmes
- creating a network of neuropsychiatrists currently involved with epilepsy surgical programme (aim is to discuss complex cases)
- reviewing the access to psychological therapies for people with epilepsy and PNES
- defining the role of neuropsychiatry in the management of people with epilepsy.
If you would like to join, please email email@example.com.
Sleep educational meeting, 17 June 2021
This webinar is the Sleep working group’s first educational meeting, chaired by the Chair Dr Hugh Selsick.
The first speaker is Dr Ivana Rosenzweig, Consultant Neuropsychiatrist from the Sleep Disorder Centre at Guy’s Hospital, discussing What psychiatrists need to know about obstructive sleep apnoea.
The second speaker is Professor Guy Leschziner, Consultant Neurologist from the Sleep Disorder Centre at Guy’s Hospital, discussing Parasomnias: the divided brain.
- To foster a greater awareness of sleep medicine amongst UK Psychiatrists
- To emphasise the importance of sleep medicine in psychiatric practice
- To encourage psychiatrists to contribute to the field of sleep medicine.
- Curriculum development:
- we have produced a detailed syllabus that identifies the aspects of sleep medicine that trainees should be familiar with at each stage of their training
- Educational symposia:
- we arrange sleep medicine symposia at College conferences
- we are generating CPD modules and other educational resources for trainee, career grade and consultant psychiatrists.
- we are developing guidelines on good practice for psychiatrists treating sleep disorders
- we encourage closer links with other sleep medicine organisations, particularly the British Sleep Society.
If you would like to join the group's Basecamp group or get in touch, please email us.
We merged our brain injury and complex neurodisability working groups to form the neurorehabilitation working group.
The group consists of members and fellows who have a specific interest in brain injury, neurodisability and different aspect of neurorehabilitation.
We aim to continue enhancing the work that the two parent groups have produced so far, with an addition of aiming to promote neuropsychiatry of neurorehabilitation as an emerging area of clinical and academic interest.
We are keen to explore collaborative working with colleagues from rehabilitation medicine, neuropsychology and allied therapy disciplines, and it is our intention for the group to become an active forum for developing assessment guidelines, collaboration
in research projects, creation of training opportunities and a forum for discussion and response to important policy documents.
- Brain injury checklist for psychiatrists
- Health of the Nation Outcome Scales for Acquired Brain Injury (HoNOS-ABI)
- Carer-Head Injury Participation Scale (C-HIPS)
- Patient-Head Injury Participation Scale (P-HIPS).
The current chair is Dr Gayathri Venkatesan. If you would like to join the group's Basecamp forum or want to get in touch, please email us.