Find out about the eligibility for Fellowship and how to apply.
Who is eligible?
We award Fellowship as a mark of distinction and recognition of contributions to psychiatry. You are eligible if you have been a Member for 10 years or more and can demonstrate significant contributions to the core purposes of the College:
- setting standards and promoting excellence in mental health care
- leading, representing and supporting psychiatrists
- working with patients, carers and their organisations.
Fellowship is open to both UK and Overseas Members, but unfortunately Affiliates and Associates cannot apply.
If successful, Fellows can use the title FRCPsych once they have paid the prescribed registration fee.
How do I apply?
Members must complete an application that details their contributions to the College’s stated aim of patient centred practice through: Professionalism, innovation and research, lifelong learning, fairness and inclusion, ethical practice and multi-disciplinary working.
- Early each year, the call for Nominations opens and Members who have achieved 10 years of Membership as of 1 January that year are able to apply.
- Members must complete the following forms:
- The Citation form must be completed by 2 Members or Fellows of the College. One of these two must be the Chair of a Faculty, Division or International Division. If you are unable to contact a Faculty, Division or International Division Chair, your nominated Chair will be contacted by the Membership Operations department on your behalf.
- The closing date for submissions each year is 30th June.
- The College’s Nominations Committee consider applications in the autumn.
- The outcome will be sent to all applicants in October/November.
- After payment of the registration fee and top-up subscription fee, the title of FRCPsych can be used and new Fellows will be invited to a ceremony to celebrate their election.
If you have any further questions about Fellowship please contact the Membership Operations team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3701 2759 / 020 3701 2589 / 020 3701 2566