Upcoming Summer and Autumn Schools
Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience Summer School - 8 July 2021
The IoPPN Summer School is a one day virtual event open to high-achieving, dedicated, and motivated medical students and foundation year doctors. Our aim is to promote psychiatry to those who are wondering about a career in psychiatry, but have yet to make up their minds.
There will be an exciting mixture of talks from leading figures to trainees. Throughout the day we will explore the wide field of Psychiatry, the journey through training and what makes it a great career choice. We'll keep everything as interactive as possible, expecting you to get involved with small group discussions as well as listening to our inspiring speakers.
Time: 09.00-17.00 with optional sessions 17.00-18.00
The provisional timetable includes:
- A talk from world famous psychiatrist Professor Sir Simon Wessely
- Talks from psychiatrists working in different aspects of a person's life stage (perinatal psychiatry, child and adolescent, adult, and older adult psychiatry)
- A debate on legalising cannabis or not
- Speed-dating type session showcasing each of the subspecialities in psychiatry
- and small group breakout rooms so you can ask questions to psychiatry trainees!
- A medicolegal perspective on psychiatry
- An international medical graduate’s view of psychiatry training in the UK
- A Q&A session with current psychiatry trainees
Please complete the application form by midnight 24 June 2021. Given the nature of the day if you sign up we expect you to be present for the whole day and let us know if you are no longer able to attend.
We will be using zoom as a platform so you'll need internet connection and we'd like you to be able to use a camera.
If you would like us to publicise your Summer or Autumn Psychiatry school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.