Core Psychiatry (2020) (PDF)
Please note the changes to the MRCPsych examination (Page 77) in light of the current situation with COVID-19.
- General Psychiatry & Psychiatry of Old Age, 4 years
- General Psychiatry & Medical Psychotherapy, 5 years
- General Psychiatry & Forensic Psychiatry, 5 years
- Forensic Psychiatry & Medical Psychotherapy, 5 years
- Forensic Psychiatry & Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 5 years;
- Psychiatry of Learning Disability & Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 5 years
- Medical Psychotherapy & Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 5 years
March 2019 changes to all curricula
Acting Up Changes 2019 (PDF) changed on all curricula to state that, in exceptional circumstances, full-time trainees may act up in part-time consultant posts. To ensure no trainees are being discriminated against in regions where there is no full-time consultant in their specialty.
January 2018 changes to the Child & Adolescent psychiatry curriculum
The previously selective ILO19.4 has now been moved to ILO1.5, amended to include an awareness of the effect of social media on children and young people (PDF) and made mandatory.
The new changes came into effect on 1 January 2018.
June 2017 changes to the Core Psychiatry curriculum
Changes have been made to several Core ILOs relating to Human Rights and the Mental Health of Asylum Seekers (PDF).
If you need further information please email email@example.com