Find out more about the evidence-based resources we have developed. These include mental health care frameworks and pathways, to support mental health commissioners and service providers to make positive changes to their service design.
At the NCCMH, we’re committed to encouraging positive changes to mental health service design. Reducing mental health inequalities and co-producing services with people who will use them lead to significant positive changes, and they are a key part of our approach.
Our resources Advancing Mental Health Equality (linked to the NHS Advancing Mental Health Strategy) and Working Well Together: Evidence and tools to enable co-production in mental health commissioning each describe fundamental principles of person-centred service design, and how to apply them in the design of mental health services.
We also developed The Community Mental Health Framework for Adults and Older Adults, which is being rolled out across England, and a range of mental health care pathways for NHS England. The pathways show how to access care and support from the following services:
- early intervention in psychosis
- eating disorders
- IAPT programme development
Learn more about our service design and development products below.
Principles of service design
Find out more about our resource, Advancing Mental Health Equality: Steps and Guidance on Commissioning and Delivering Equality in Mental Health Care (2019).
Find out more about our resource, Working Well Together: Evidence and Tools to Enable Co-production in Mental Health Commissioning (2019), commissioned by NHS England.
Frameworks and pathways
Find out about our documents and resources about dementia care, including our short implementation guide for dementia care, dementia care pathway full implementation guidance (plus appendices and helpful resources), and a related coding resource (Excel) with SNOMED codes.
Find out more about these products we have developed related to IAPT services:
- IAPT Ethnic Inequalities Policy Review - in progress, and currently recruiting for focus groups
- IAPT pathway for people with long-term physical health conditions and medically unexplained symptoms (full implementation guidance, short guide and helpful resources)
- IAPT Manual, an essential handbook for IAPT services, which describes the IAPT model and how to deliver it
- IAPT review of Wave 1 early implementers of IAPT services for people with long-term conditions and medically unexplained symptoms.