- Provide you with services or information that you have requested from us such as attendance at one of our events or inclusion in a mailing list.
- Contact you with information about an event that you’re attending.
- Email you about other RCPsych events that may interest you.
- We may share your details with subcontractors if necessary for the purposes of your event registration. For example, if you include accommodation as part of your booking we will share your details with the hotel or if an external company is appointed to produce the badges, your details will be shared with them. External companies will be allowed to use your details for the purpose of your event attendance only.
- We will never share or sell your details to third parties for any other purposes.
- Information about non-members of the College will be held for 6 years.
- You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com or contacting your local division or devolved nation’s office
- 80% up to one month before the first day of the event
- 50% between one month and up to two weeks before the first day of the event
- Harassment: unwelcome or hostile behaviour, including verbal or written comments that intimidate or create discomfort
- Intimidation, deliberate stalking or following
- Abuse of any kind
- Inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Use of sexualized language, images, or clothing. This includes presentations, slides, and speaker content.
- Offensive banter, insults, taunts or exclusionary jokes
- Recording: video or audio recording of lectures, speakers, delegates, staff, exhibitions, venue, slides, posters, breaks or any other conference spaces, materials or individuals is not permitted without prior consent of the organisers. Photographs of participants are permitted with the permission of those being prominently photographed. Photographs of slides, posters and other academic content are permitted only with the permission of the author.
- Disruption of any lectures, sessions or masterclasses.
- Emails or any form of written communication that is aggressive, rude, upsetting or which could amount to sexual or racial harassment, or harassment on the grounds of someone’s disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age or being or becoming transgender. Email harassment can arise simply from unreasonable repeated or unwanted requests, or messages containing sexual or racial innuendos.
- Participants may not publicise, distribute, canvass, display, carry out activities or demonstrations, or distribute materials or inducements. Any materials found, unless by previous agreement, will be removed and disposed of.
- Committees, advisory boards and working groups involved in creating or approving event programmes strive to reflect the diversity of the College membership.
- Calls for papers and posters include a diversity statement, making it clear that the conference would welcome and encourage submissions from women and minority groups.
- Calls for symposia and workshops include a diversity statement encouraging a diverse Faculty
- College members and employees are mindful, where possible, to check whether events, run by external organisations, that bear the College logo have a diverse range of speakers.
It is proposed that henceforth, if a committee or individual presents a conference programme that does not reflect the College’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, College staff should be encouraged to challenge the content before publicising the event. If necessary, this can be escalated to the relevant College director.
Conference delegates are welcome to bring babies under 12 months of age into lectures, but we ask that babies are taken out of the room if they become unsettled.
What information will be viewable to other people in the platform?
All attendees using the platform will be able to see the following information for all attendees:
- Full name
- Whether you are currently active in the platform
- If you are currently active within a room or location in the platform
You can also choose to add the following information in your profile:
- Photo (jpg or .png format, maximum file size 1MB))
- Your job title
- Organisation – details of your role or where you work
How can people contact you on the platform?
All attendees can text chat, send an email message or video call another attendee 1:1. You can also initiate small group text chats with a number of people.
The chat icon will appear green when you are present within the platform. Video calls are only possible after you have clicked the chat button.
Participants will not be able to see each other’s email addresses within the platform so your email address will only be seen if you respond to the email.
You can set your status to ‘Away’ or Do not disturb’ if you don’t wish to be contacted.
Please note that if you ask a question during one of the session, your name and email will be visible to all the speakers in the session.
What information will be available to exhibitors in the platform?
As with all rooms on the platform, exhibitors will be able to see who is currently visiting and who has attended their stand or booth. They will also be able to view reports which contain information of the number of clicks, downloads or shares of content within their stand/booth and who visited. They can also get access to transcripts of chats from within their booth/stand. We do not share any contact details of attendees with exhibitors.
Sharing your information with exhibitors
What to do if you are unhappy or uncomfortable with contact from another attendee on the platform?
It is important to us that our events are a safe, supportive and welcoming place for all. All attendees must agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. If you have any concerns or believe that these rules have been violated, then please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with as much information as possible.
Attendees found in violation of these rules may be removed from the platform without a refund at the sole discretion of the Congress organisers
What information is collected as part of your use of the platform?
To assist us in the delivery of this event and future events, we will collect data within the platform on how the platform is used.
What platform are you using to deliver the virtual International Congress?