What is a Grand Round?
- A Faculty will pair up with a Division or Devolved Nation to examine a question relevant to their area, and deliver a free webinar
- The session will start with a problem/question/opportunity for change (this could be presented through a patient story) and followed by evidence and current practice
- The webinar will discuss how we bridge that evidence-practice gap using a quality improvement approach
- Trainees come forward and present in the Grand Rounds on behalf of their division/faculty and lead a change project focusing on this problem
The Grand Rounds aim to:
- narrow the gap between education and practice
- empower clinicians to explore datasets that inform the impact of the evidence-practice gap on their communities of practice
- embed lived experience in clinical education
- learn how QI methodologies can be used to narrow gap between evidence and practice.
Each webinar will feature a person or community organisation (named individual) with lived experience; Academic or Clinician presenting evidence; Medical Manager- CD/MD/Public Health professional presenting contextual data and ensuring that attendees are signposted to appropriate datasets; and, QI Lead who will help in adopting a systematic QI approach to addressing this problem and offer QI support for a maximum of six months.