26 September 2019
Today, we’re launching new guidance for medical schools on how to encourage students to #ChoosePsychiatry.
The guidance includes practical advice on:
- giving students exposure to psychiatry throughout their training
- ensuring quality psychiatry placements
- providing students with mentoring opportunities
- running extracurricular enrichment activities to promote psychiatry
- and lots more.
Help us spread the word
To coincide with the report launch, we’re running a social media campaign asking our members to share an old picture of themselves at medical school, with a link to today’s guidance:
We’d love to see your nostalgic snaps, so please join Wendy on your chosen platform – Twitter , Facebook or Instagram – and share the link to the report
- My route into psychiatry began at [@InsertYourMedSchool] where I had excellent teaching. @RCPsych launched a guide for medical schools to enhance students’ experience of psychiatry and encourage them to #ChoosePsychiatry in the future: www.rcpsych.ac.uk/cp_medschools #medicalschools #medicalstudents
- Feels like only yesterday I left [@InsertYourMedSchool] so pleased I decided to #ChoosePsychiatry. Here is the @RCPsych guide on how we can encourage more students to start this great career: www.rcpsych.ac.uk/cp_medschools #medicalschools #medicalstudents
- I was inspired by my lecturers at [@InsertYourMedSchool] to #ChoosePsychiatry. @RCPsych has published a new guide for medical schools on how we can increase students’ interest in psychiatry: www.rcpsych.ac.uk/cp_medschools #medicalschools #medicalstudents
- A new report by @RCPsych shows how medical schools are inspiring the next generation of psychiatrists: www.rcpsych.ac.uk/cp_medschools I never regretted my decision to #ChoosePsychiatry while studying at [@InsertYourMedSchool] #medicalschools #medicalstudents