If you would like to borrow anything, please get in touch, so we can set up an account for you.
We post out books to members for free to their home or work address. Books are loaned initially for a month but please let us know if you would like to renew.
Our printed collection includes around 3000 books and reports, searchable through the Library catalogue. These include:
- Key classic texts reflecting the various disciplines within the field of psychiatry
- All College publications under the RCPsych imprint (formerly Gaskell)
- The latest mental health strategies and medical guidelines
- A complete set of College Occasional Papers and College Reports
If you cannot find what you are looking for please let us know. We are always looking for new recommendations or might be able to source the book via inter-library loan (charges apply).
Our journal collection includes a complete run of the College's own journals:
- The British Journal of Psychiatry
- BJPsych Advances
- BJPsych International
- BJPsych Bulletin
- BJPsych Open
- Evidence-Based Mental Health
The collection comprises over 300 monographs and government papers reflecting the history of mental health and illness from the 15th century. The collection also includes the complete series of Lunacy Commissioners reports from 1843-1915 and the Board of Control reports from 1916-1937.
These can be viewed on appointment by contacting the Archivist.