On Wednesday 19 April, General Adult Faculty Chair Dr Billy Boland was elected as the Member Representative on the RCPsych Trustee Board – in a closely contested election with former General Adult Faculty Chair Dr Lenny Cornwall.
Billy received 1,704 votes in contrast to Lenny’s 1,593 votes. A total of 3,297 votes were cast – equating to a turnout of 20.3%.
Billy will now serve on the 12-person RCPsych Board of Trustees, which leads on the development and monitoring of the College strategy, as well as being the oversight body for the College budget, risk management, governance, and all employment matters.
In other elections:
- Dr Vishal Agrawal, Dr Claire Woolcock, Dr Luke Baker, Dr Aamer Sajjad and Dr Sophia Pillai were elected to the executive committee of the Faculty of General Adult Psychiatry – with 1,609 votes cast.
- Dr Agnes Ayton was elected as Vice-Chair of the Faculty of Eating Disorders Psychiatry – with 424 votes cast.
- Dr Tayyeb Tahir, Dr Anna Fryer, Dr Sridevi Sira Mahalingappa, Dr Laurence Reed and Dr Michael Yousif were elected to the executive committee of the Faculty of Liaison Psychiatry – with 842 votes cast.
- Dr Rebecca Long, Dr Imrana Puttaroo, Dr Joanna Cranshaw, Dr Laith Alexander, Dr Amanda Brickstock and Dr Henrietta Blyth were elected to the Psychiatric Trainees Committee (London Division) – with 230 votes cast.
- Dr Emily Jackson and Dr Anisha Nakulan were elected to the Psychiatric Trainees Committee (Northern and Yorkshire Division) – with 113 votes cast.