- Closing date : 31/05/2019
About the role
The highly successful RCPsych Sustainability Scholarship Programme has been running for the past two years and is now offering two part-time, one-year scholarships for the next academic year; 2019-20.
All advanced trainees in Psychiatry in the UK are invited to apply for these scholarships.
Successful candidates will use their allocated “special interest” professional development time (1 day per week), to join the RCPsych National Sustainability Committee and take a lead on one of their ongoing projects.
These projects will be supported by an £850 study budget that the scholar can use to attend relevant training and conferences.
Suitable projects might include:
- working with a DEFRA-supported nature-based school to develop a green-care project for students with mental health issues
- working with CCQI to embed sustainability as a core feature of quality
- reducing the carbon footprint of clinical care
- project managing the development of a college position statement on a specific sustainability issue
- developing a Sustainability Clinical Assessment Tool.
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a CV and supporting statement (one side of A4) to email@example.com. If you would like to discuss the sustainability scholar opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 31 May. Interviews will be held in June or July 2019.