The next CASC exam is taking place on 06-17 September 2021. The final date for applying is 3.30pm on Friday 25 June 2021.
Because of the COVID pandemic, subject to GMC approval, this will be an online version of the exam, more details of which will be made available in due course. The blueprint and structure of the exam will be the same, but the stations will be using online video consultations rather than face-to-face interviews.
Please note that as in previous CASC diets, place allocations remain on a first-come, first-served basis. We therefore encourage you to submit your application as early in the application window as possible.
To apply you need to use the online form. If you have any technical difficulties please contact Examinations@rcpsych.ac.uk.
Deadline for applying
Register for the website
If you haven't logged into the website before, you need to register with the College before completing the Application Form at the bottom of this page.
What happens after you apply
The CASC is held over 10 days and you will be allocated a day. Confirmation of your examination date and times will be detailed in your Admissions Document, which will be sent to you via email at least 4 weeks before the day of the examination.
- The online application form requires candidates to enter a sponsor’s name and email address. Please make sure that the sponsor’s email address is correct. If however you realise that you have entered your sponsor's details incorrectly, or you need to arrange for a different sponsor, then you can change your sponsor's details by logging in and re-opening the CASC Application Form. Please note only one sponsor is required for the CASC. This applies to all candidates including overseas candidates.
- If the sponsor does not complete the authorisation and the candidate does not complete the application and payment within the application period then they will not be entered into the CASC examination. The College does not accept responsibility for delays or computer failures and no late or incomplete applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Sponsors will be sent an email with a link to authorise the candidate’s application. Sponsors must ensure that the candidate has provided evidence that they meet the eligibility requirements to sit the CASC examination. Candidates must provide full details of their current post when completing the Online Application Form or the link that the sponsor is sent will not work.
- Candidates will receive a confirmation email once the sponsor has authorised the application and will be required to complete their application and proceed to payment.
Special requirements and ST4 recruitment dates
Candidates who wish to make an application for special arrangements at the CASC Examination must complete the CASC Special Requirements Form.
A completed copy along with any supporting documentation must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and received by 02 July 2021, otherwise special arrangements will not be granted for this sitting of the CASC.
- PMPT trainees and affiliates: £1,004
- Non-PMPT trainees and affiliates: £1,115
Candidates should complete the online form using the guidance and procedures.