The next CASC exam is taking place on 10 - 13 September 2019. The final date for applying is 3.30pm on Friday 28 June.
To apply you need to use the online form. If you have any technical difficulties please contact Examinations@rcpsych.ac.uk.
If you're a new applicant
If you're a new applicant you need to register with the College before completing the Application Form.
If you have not previously registered with the website or if you are unsure if you are registered, please contact email@example.com.
What happens after you apply
The CASC is held over four days and you will be allocated a day. Confirmation of your examination date and times will be detailed in your Admissions Document, which will be sent to you via email at least 4 weeks before the day of the examination.
Click here for further details on the CASC and the Marking Scheme.
- The online application form requires candidates to enter a sponsor’s name and email address. Please make sure that the sponsor’s email address is correct. If however you realise that you have entered your sponsor's details incorrectly, or you need to arrange for a different sponsor, then you can change your sponsor's details by logging in and re-opening the CASC Application Form. Please note only one sponsor is required for the CASC. This applies to all candidates including overseas candidates.
- If the sponsor does not complete the authorisation and the candidate does not complete the application and payment within the application period then they will not be entered into the CASC examination. The College does not accept responsibility for delays or computer failures and no late or incomplete applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Sponsors will be sent an email with a link to authorise the candidate’s application. Sponsors must ensure that the candidate has provided evidence that they meet the eligibility requirements to sit the CASC examination. Candidates must provide full details of their current post when completing the Online Application Form or the link that the sponsor is sent will not work.
- Candidates will receive a confirmation email once the sponsor has authorised the application and will be required to complete their application and proceed to payment.
Special requirements and ST4 recruitment dates
Candidates who wish to make an application for special arrangements at the CASC Examination must complete the CASC Special Requirements Form.
A completed hard copy along with any supporting documentation must be posted to the College and received by 5 July 2019, otherwise special arrangements will not be granted for this sitting of the CASC.
See details on ST4 2020 recruitment dates (pdf).
- PMPT trainees and affiliates: £965
- Non-PMPT trainees and affiliates: £1,072
Candidates should complete the online form using the guidance and procedures.