Our Memory Services National Accreditation Programme (MSNAP) has creating a series of webinars for CCQI during the COVID-19 pandemic.
MSNAP Webinar #5 – 3 September 2020
This webinar is on the topic of remote consultation and digital diagnosis and was hosted by the Royal College of Psychiatrists’ Memory Services National Accreditation Programme (MSNAP) and NHS England and Improvement’s Dementia Programme.
- Welcome from the Chair - Professor Alistair Burns, National Clinical Director for Dementia and Older People’s Mental Health, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Memory service assessments: a new way of working - Dr Ben Underwood, Consultant Psychiatrist, Deputy Medical Director, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
- Clinical psychology in memory services: adapting to remote practice - Dr Becci Dow, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Neuroimaging for dementia diagnosis in the COVID-19 era - Dr Jeremy Isaacs, Consultant Neurologist, St George’s Hospital and Clinical Director, NHS London Dementia Clinical Network
- Service user experience of remote consultation and digital diagnosis - Ella Robinson, Senior Policy Officer, Alzheimer’s Society
Please see below links to resources discussed during the webinar:
MSNAP Webinar #4 – 15 July 2020
- Introduction to TeleNP, evidence base, validation and interpretation - Dr Rene Stolwyk
- Clinical considerations; how to, top tips, risks/benefits - Dr Wendy Kelso
- Experiences – dementia & stroke - Dr Wendy Kelso & Dr Rene Stolwyk
- Local experiences and discussion - Dr Rebecca Poz and Dr Julia Cook
MSNAP Webinar #3 – 26 June 2020
Professor Martin Orrell chairing the session which included virtual CST (Professor Aimee Spector), developments in young onset dementia (Dr Janet Carter) and an insight into the experiences of someone living alone in COVID-19 with dementia (Lorraine Brown).
MSNAP Webinar #2 – 3 June 2020
In this MSNAP webinar, we hear from the following speakers about how their memory service is adapting and working flexibly during the COVID-19 outbreak. Please see programme below:
- Dr Sarah Ghani (Chair) – Chair of MSNAP Advisory Group & Consultant Clinical Psychologist, West London Trust
- Dr Chris Jagus - Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry, Isle of Man
- Dr Sabrina Leigh-Hunt – Consultant Psychiatrist, Tees, Esk & Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust & Margaret Cooper - Memory Service Nurse Prescribe
- Dr M Santhana Krishnan - Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry/Liaison Psychiatry, Senior Clinical Director MHSOP Trust-wide
MSNAP Webinar #1 – 13 May 2020
In this first MSNAP webinar, we hear from the following speakers about how they their services have responded to COVID-19.
- Prof Martin Orrell (Chair) – Chair of MSNAP Accreditation Committee
- Sarah Ghani – Chair of MSNAP Advisory Group & Consultant Clinical Psychologist, West London Mental Health Trust
- Dr Farooq Khan - Clinical Director – Dementia, Frailty & Psychiatric Specialties & Consultant Psychiatrist, Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Julia Cook – Lead for Psychological Interventions for People Living with Dementia, Worcestershire Health & Care Trust