NHS organisations have to consider the environment and carbon in line with the NHS Carbon Reduction Strategy and the 2008 Climate Change Act.
Working with your Trust can have a big impact, so we have produced some resources to help.
- Summary of the main statutory and regulatory conditions for NHS healthcare organisations
- Guide to NHS Green Plans for clinicians
- How to set up your own sustainability committee
- Ideas for a letter to your Chief Executive
- Projects your trust can undertake
- Case study of experience from Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear (CNTW) NHS Foundation Trust
Why not ask about your Trust’s NHS Green Plan? They should all have one.