Your Trust or Health Board may already have a Sustainability Officer and possibly even an environmental policy – it is very worthwhile finding out as this will tell you what has been done already.
Many Trusts are at this moment writing their Green Plans because these are now a requirement. You will probably find that the offer of clinical input to the Green Plan is welcomed.
If there is no Sustainability Program in your organisation you could think of setting up your own group; there are ideas for doing this ideas for setting up a Sustainability Programme.
Working with your Trust can have a big impact, so we have produced some resources to help.
- Guide to NHS Green Plans for clinicians
- Case study of experience from Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear (CNTW) NHS Foundation Trust
- Summary of the main statutory and regulatory conditions for NHS healthcare organisations
- Ideas for a letter to your Chief Executive
- Consider a QI project with a focus on sustainability. For some inspiration, why not have a look at some of the fantastic projects that have already taken place across the country?
not ask about your Trust’s NHS Green Plan? They should all have one.