- Salary : Voluntary role
External Advisers represent the College on matters relating to postgraduate education in psychiatry.
As one, you'd be responsible for attending ARCPs and local quality visits and providing written reports to the College’s Quality Assurance Committee, noting any examples of best practice or causes for concern.
An external adviser is required to:
- Attend at least one ARCP or quality visit per year as College representative.
- Attend a College training day relating to the role every three years.
- Have knowledge of the relevant sections of the Gold Guide.
External Advisers need the following experience:
- An educational supervisor and either a TPD/RA/MRCPsych course organiser or a higher educational role within the past two years
- At least five years’ experience as a substantive consultant or a retired consultant with two years educational and clinical experience deemed appropriate by their Head of School and Dean of the College
- Should have an enhanced educational leadership role within their own Deanery/LETB
- Should have current equality and diversity training.
Please contact email@example.com for full details.