Welcome to your Introduction to CBT course
All materials including presentations remain the intellectual property of the RCPsych and it is strictly prohibited to copy, distribute or reproduce any information, images or data included in these presentations without prior written consent of the RCPsych.
Slides and handouts
NB This course is not available on demand.
Pre course reading
- Socratic questioning: Changing minds or guiding discovery - Christine Padesky
- Who is suitable for cognitive behavioural therapy? - Paul Blenkiron
Certificates of attendance will be emailed to delegates after the course.
How to join a masterclass session
Sessions take place online via Zoom. To take part you will need:
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A PC, laptop, tablet or phone
- Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser or Zoom installed on your PC, laptop, tablet or phone
- You do not need to have a Zoom account - some users may experience difficulty joining Zoom meetings due to security settings. If this is the case, we suggest you select the option to join via a web browser, rather than the Zoom app
- A joining link and instructions will be emailed to you in advance of each session
Read more about using Zoom
During the session
- You will view the speaker as they present and any accompanying slides/videos
- You will need to share your camera and microphone during the course
- There may also be breakout or smaller discussion groups
- You can ask questions using the Q&A function located on the right-hand side of your screen
- You can raise your hand, using the ‘raise hand’ function - if you are selected by the speaker to ask your question, remember to 'unmute' yourself
- If you lose connection during the session, refresh your screen or try closing your web browser and clicking the joining link again
Contact the team: email Emma George at email@example.com