The statutory responsibility for approving doctors under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act 1983 is exercised by Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust on behalf of the Secretary of State.
Application for Approved Clinician approvals and S12 approvals under the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended) has been approved by the London Region Panel under authority delegated by the Secretary of State for Health.
The Approval Panel has psychiatric and GP membership from across London.
Every application receives individual consideration in light of the criteria set by the Panel.
The London Region deals with approvals and re-approvals for Section 12 doctors with professional addresses in London.
Contact Regional S12/AC Approvals Team for other areas.
- Instruction for S12 Approvals
- Instruction for AC Approvals
- Guidance for Doctors seeking AC staus via the Portfolio route
- Approved Clinician Initial Courses
- Approved Clinician Refresher Courses
- Approved Clinician Application Form
- S12 Initial Courses
- S12 Refresher Courses
- S12 Application
- Change of Details Form
- Supervised MHA Assessment Form
- Regional Contact List for Approvals
- SAS Presentation
- Common Questions asked about S12 Approval Process
Mental Health Centre
Northwick Park Hospital
Telephone Number : 0208 869 3515
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org