- This prize is open to medical students and trainees of any stage.
- The title is “The Female Psychiatrist in the 21st Century: A Vision of the Future”
- Prize: £100 + free attendance at our 4 December Annual Conference + joining a panel discussion on the same theme at the conference
- The essays should be of up to 2,000 words and should be submitted by 6 November to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries will be judged by the WMHSIG committee and the winner will be notified by mid-November.
The money comes from the WMHSIG budget. Dr Raj Mann and Dr Claire Wilson from WMHSIG Exec committee will be marking the essays. Given the essay topic we are hoping for it to be a creative endeavour. However, to ensure fairness, the judges will use a marking template/checklist. In the event of receiving a large number of entries, we will form a marking panel drawing from WMHSIG membership.