Faculty of Eating Disorders Annual Conference 2020
Dates: 5 - 6 November 2020
This prize has been established for the best poster presentation at our annual meeting by a psychiatric trainee. We wish to encourage interest in eating disorders psychiatry and research in the specialism.
Who can enter
Psychiatric trainees CT1-3 and ST4-6, as well as comparable European colleagues. Presentations specifically invited by the Faculty and work funded by the Faculty are not eligible.
Our annual faculty conference usually held in November each year.
- This prize will be awarded on the basis of originality and the relevance of eating disorders in the poster presentation
- Information on submitting posters for presentation at the Annual Meeting will be posted each year. Please note that posters are not automatically entered for the prize. If you are submitting a poster and want to be considered for the prize, please make it clear in your accompanying message
- The prizewinner will be expected to provide a summary article for our newsletter and the full text of their poster presentation for inclusion on the college website
- The judging panel will consist of our Chair and two other members of the executive committee.
How to submit
You can submit your abstract through our submissions website.
1 September 2020
Annual meeting 2019
Spring conference 2019
Dr Alina Petricean-Braicu for Get your ACT together: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Group Intervention for Eating Disorders (PDF)
Annual meeting 2018
Dr Janet Treasure for What is the Impact on Adding a digital Guided Self-help Intervention to Outpatient Treatment for Anorexia Nervosa? The Self-help and Recovery Guide for Eating Disorders (SHARED Trial) (PDF)
Spring Conference 2018
Dr Josephine Neale and Dr Sarah Pais for Can eating disorders in children and young people permanently affect growth and pubertal development?
Each bursary includes up to £100 towards travel expenses and free registration at our annual meeting.
Who can apply
Bursaries are available for:
- Medical students
- Foundation Year doctors (FY1-2)
- Core psychiatric trainees (CT1-3)
- Advanced psychiatric trainees (ST4-6)
- Service users and carers.
1 September 2020
Medical students and trainee doctors should email a brief CV (no longer than 1 side of A4) with a covering letter, stating in no more than 200 words why you would like to attend the meeting and how you will share your learning.
Service users and carers should email a letter stating in no more than 200 words why you are interested in attending the meeting.
Please state clearly which of the bursaries you are applying for.