Faculty of Eating Disorders Annual Conference 2021
Date: 4-5 November 2021
Location: To be confirmed
This prize has been established for the best poster presentation at our annual meeting by a psychiatric trainee. We wish to encourage interest in eating disorders psychiatry and research in the specialism.
Who can enter
Psychiatric trainees CT1-3 and ST4-6, as well as comparable European colleagues. Presentations specifically invited by the Faculty and work funded by the Faculty are not eligible.
Our annual faculty conference usually held in November each year.
- This prize will be awarded on the basis of originality and the relevance of eating disorders in the poster presentation
- Information on submitting posters for presentation at the Annual Meeting will be posted each year. Please note that posters are not automatically entered for the prize. If you are submitting a poster and want to be considered for the prize, please make it clear in your accompanying message
- The prizewinner will be expected to provide a summary article for our newsletter and the full text of their poster presentation for inclusion on the College website
- The judging panel will consist of our Chair and two other members of the executive committee.
How to submit
You can submit your abstract through our submissions website.
1 September 2020
Spring conference 2021
Annual meeting 2020
Annual meeting 2019
Spring conference 2019
Dr Alina Petricean-Braicu for Get your ACT together: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Group Intervention for Eating Disorders (PDF)
Each bursary includes up to £100 towards travel expenses and free registration at our annual meeting.
2021 update: the annual meeting is online so the 'bursary' will provide free registration only.
Who can apply
Bursaries are available for:
- medical students
- foundation year doctors (FY1-2)
- core psychiatric trainees (CT1-3)
- advanced psychiatric trainees (ST4-6)
- service users and carers.
Sunday 8 August 2021.
Medical students and trainee doctors should email a brief CV (no longer than one side of A4) with a covering letter, stating in no more than 200 words why you would like to attend the meeting and how you will share your learning.
Service users and carers should email a letter stating in no more than 200 words why you are interested in attending the meeting.
Please state clearly which of the bursaries you are applying for.
Faculty of Eating Disorders Psychiatry Annual Conference 5-6 November 2020
STRIPED Study – Socioeconomic cost of eating disorder in the USA
Professor Bryn Austin, Immediate Past President of the Academy of Eating Disorders, presents the findings from a social impact report on eating disorder in the US.
£500 plus free registration at the Faculty's annual conference
Who can enter
Medical students and doctors in training.
Our annual conference, normally in November/December.
- The format of the prize will be an essay of up to 2,000 words (excluding references) on a subject set by the Faculty each year
- Entries will be shortlisted and judged by a panel appointed by our executive committee. Should a minimum standard not be achieved, the prizes may not be awarded.
- The prizewinning essay will be published on our website.
The essay title for 2021 is "What changes would you like to make to the field of Eating Disorders to help patients and carers better?"
Friday 15 October 2021
Who can apply
Rules and key criteria
How to enter
The deadline has been extended to Friday 22 October 2021.