Trainees – have you heard that Trainees Online (TrOn) is now live on our eLearning Hub?
Why use TrOn?
- It's a free teaching resource to aid your learning and revision for the MRCPsych exams.
- It provides eLearning to fit around your timetable at work, at home, or on the go.
- It's a credible online study resource to record in your ARCP portfolio.
- It's a more interesting learning experience with dynamic diagrams and responsive illustrations.
- You can track your progress on the My Learning site so you can return to unfinished modules later on.
- You can measure your understanding with interactive activities and tests.
- It provides signposts for further study with references and links to other related journal articles.
Is TrOn for me?
TrOn can help you if you're:
- a core (pre-membership) psychiatric trainee – Learning in preparation for taking the MRCPsych exams
- a higher (post-membership) psychiatric trainee – Revision materials, plus an opportunity to author teaching materials for the College
- an educator – Access to high quality learning materials that support the delivery of postgraduate psychiatry teaching.
All College members have free access to the site (all categories, including affiliates).
All modules are peer-reviewed by experts, are checked by the College’s Examinations Panel for relevance to the MRCPsych syllabus and are supported by our Psychiatric Trainees’ Committee (PTC).
Module topics are drawn from the basic sciences of the MRCPsych curriculum.
Each one will take you around 1-1½ hours to do.
If you complete a module alongside the specific key reading list, you should get an examination-level understanding of a given topic.
All modules include: an introduction, a key reading list, a learning notes template, a selection of test questions, section summaries, take-home notes, plus author and reviewer biographies.
What does TrOn cover?
TrOn boasts 58 modules in the following categories:
- Clinical psychopharmacology
- Human development
- Molecular genetics
- Social psychology
- Social science and socio-cultural.
You can also access a video-based module on Mental health tribunals: giving evidence.
How do I access the content?
TrOn is freely available to anyone registered with RCPsych as a trainee, member, affiliate, Student Associate or Foundation Doctor Associate – just log in with your College details.
For non-members, TrOn is available for an annual subscription fee of £50.
Please visit the TrOn subscription page to register your account and process your subscription payment. Once subscribed you will have immediate access to all of the TrOn content.
For a full list of benefits or to learn more, please visit our about TrOn page.
Back to 12 May 2022 Members' update.