Trainees Online – or TrOn - is an online learning resource we developed to help you during your training.
It provides interactive learning modules to help you prepare for the MRCPsych exams.
Log in to TrOn
All College members (all categories including PMPTs, Affiliates, Special Associates, Members, Fellows and International Associates) can use TrOn. Your user name and password are the same as for the College website's secure members' area.
Why use TrOn?
- It's a free teaching resource to aid your learning and revision for the MRCPsych exams.
- eLearning to fit around your timetable at work, at home, or on the go.
- It's a credible online study resource to record in your ARCP portfolio.
- It's a more interesting learning experience with dynamic diagrams and responsive illustrations.
- 'My TrOn' tracks your progress so you can return to unfinished modules later on.
- You can measure your understanding with interactive activities and tests.
- It signposts for further study with references and links to other related journal articles.
All modules are peer-reviewed by experts, are checked by the College’s Examinations Panel for relevance to the MRCPsych syllabus and are supported by our Psychiatric Trainees’ Committee (PTC).
Module topics are drawn from the basic sciences of the MRCPsych curriculum.
Each one will take you around 1-1½ hours to do.
If you complete a module alongside the specific Key reading list, you should get an examination-level understanding of a given topic.
All modules include: an introduction, a key reading list, personalised notebook tool, a selection of test questions, section summaries, take-home notes, plus author and reviewer biographies.
Is TrOn for me?
TrOn can help you if you're
- A core (pre-membership) psychiatric trainee - Learning in preparation for taking the MRCPsych exams.
- A higher (post-membership) psychiatric trainee - Revision materials, plus an opportunity to author teaching materials for the College.
- An educator - Access to high quality learning materials that support the delivery of postgraduate psychiatry teaching.
- All College members have free access to the site (all categories, including affiliates).