Presentations from the 2nd EPSIG Symposium, 12 January 2018
Live recordings from the symposium are now available on our YouTube channel or through the links below.
- Welcome Address from the EPSIG Chair
- How evolutionary thinking can help us to understand ADHD
- An Evolutionary Account of Brain Laterality
- Life History Theory: A Framework for the Understanding of Personality Disorder
- From caring to compassion: an evolutionary journey and social implication exploration
- Evolutionary Models of Mental Disorders (II) Eating Disorders
- What clinicians can learn from evolutionary psychiatry
Presentations from the 2nd EPSIG Half-day Scientific Meeting 18 May 2018
- Evolutionary aspects of ageing and Alzheimer’s - Paul St John-Smith
- Mental illness in hunter-gatherers: Child care and mismatch - Nikhil Chaudhary.
Presentations from the EPSIG Half-day Scientific Meeting 19 May 2017
- Professor Carmine Pariante - Depression and Inflammation: A Life-Saving Response to Stress Gone Awry
- Meeting Agenda 19th May.
Presentations from EPSIG AGM January 2017
- Darwinian Theory and Psychiatry: a Historical Perspective presented by Hannah Sheftel.
Presentations from the first EPSIG Symposium
- 7 videos from the first EPSIG Symposium
- Why should Psychiatry now consider Evolution
- The Evolution of the Social Mind
- The Outgroup Intolerance Hypothesis for Schizophrenia
- Why We Get Sad: How Evolution Makes Sense of Emotional Disorders
- Autism: An evolutionary perspective
- The case for including evolutionary theory into the MRCPsych Curriculum.