Autism Central is a peer education programme, commissioned by NHS England. It aims to build knowledge and understanding of autism and empower families and carers to advocate for autistic people they support.
International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions
Paediatric liaison network
Our network is an international group of child and adolescent psychiatrists who work with paediatric staff.
We discuss clinical and non-clinical issues, particularly policy and the promotion of mental health in paediatric practice.
We meet in conferences in various UK locations twice a year.
If you are interested in joining please email us.
- A Clinician's Brief Guide to Children's Mental Health Law
- Clinical Topics in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Where There Is No Child Psychiatrist: A mental healthcare manual
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services: An Operational Handbook (Second edition)
- Developing Mental Health Services for Children and Adolescents with Learning Disabilities: A Toolkit for Clinicians
- Seminars in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (second edition)
- So Young, So Sad, So Listen (second edition)
- Young People and Substance Misuse
- Communicating with Vulnerable Children: A Guide for Practitioners
- Research and Innovation on the Road to Modern Child Psychiatry. Volume 2: Classic Papers by Professor Sir Michael Rutter.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Surveillance System (CAPSS)
CAPSS assists clinicians and researchers in ascertaining nationally cases of rare childhood mental health conditions.
CAPSS is based within our College Centre for Quality Improvement.
MindEd is an eLearning resource aimed at everyone with a duty of care for children and young people, whether this be through their work or outside it in a voluntary or charitable capacity. This could be as a counsellor, teacher or police officer, an athletics or football coach, or through involvement with the Scouts or Brownies.
If your patients require easy-to-understand information about a wide range of mental health topics, you can download, print or order hard copies of our leaflets for young people.
Our leaflets can be handed out to patients and carers, put in waiting rooms, or shared with colleagues during mental health awareness weeks.