News, reports and resources
See the latest news, reports and resources from the Faculty of Child and Adolescent psychiatry.
Tribute to Professor Sir Michael Rutter
It is a year since the passing of Professor Sir Michael Rutter, ‘The Father of Child Psychiatry.’ At a memorial day in June, friends, families and colleagues reflected on his life and amazing contribution to child psychiatry and developmental psychopathology as we know it today.
Watch the tribute video that capture the highlights of Sir Michael’s memorial day on 27 June 2022.
RCPsych CAP Trainee Conference 2023
Friday 31 March 2023, 9am - 5pm on Zoom
Please book your place now. The programme can be viewed for further information.
The invasion of Ukraine with the attendant loss of life, injuries and displacement of families is devastating for its citizens and of concern to us all.
The impact on children is described well in the following paper War hits children first.
There are helpful resources for those who wish to support children and families who are directly or indirectly affected by the war on our website:
- Winter 2022
- Summer 2022
- Spring 2022
- Winter 2021
- Spring 2021
- COVID special edition June 2020
- Spring 2020
- Winter 2019 2020
- Summer 2019
- Spring 2019
- Winter 2018/2019
- Summer 2018
- Spring 2018
If you require a copy of any previous newsletters not currently available on the website, please email our archivist.
- CR225: Technology use and the mental health of children and young people
- CR195: When to see a child and adolescent psychiatrist
- CR198: Guidance for the use of audio-visual recording in child psychiatric practice
- FR/CAP/GAP/01: Good mental health services for young people
- FR/CAP/01: Survey of in-patient admissions for children and young people with mental health problems
- FR/CAP/02: Physical health of children and adolescents What specialist child and adolescent psychiatrists need to know and do
- Values Based CAMHS: What really matters to children and young people
- Position statement: Defining a health-based place of safety (S136) and crises assessment sites for young people under 18
- RCPSYCH and Tribunals Judiciary A Guide to Mental Health Tribunals for Young People
- EcoCAMHS top tips for climate, nature and wellbeing Top tips
We produce a variety of leaflets on young people's mental health, catering for both young people, and parents, carers and teachers.
You can also see other resources such as books, films, helplines and websites.
You can view our resources around Ukraine in the main hub for resources.
If you would like to further add to this list then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.