A vacancy will arise in 2021 for one Executive Member on the Faculty of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Executive Committee.
Nominations should be received at the College by 5pm on 2 November 2020.
For further information look at our elections page.
The Adolescent Health Conference 2020: Working Together to Bridge the Gap
Date: 3 December 2020
The RCPsych has partnered with the Royal College of General Practitioners and the Royal College of Physicians, to host a conference with experts from both primary and secondary care working together to bridge the gaps in adolescent health care.
This multi-disciplinary conference has been designed for doctors and trainees at all career stages.
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry trainee conference 16 November 2020
- Know someone who's just received exam results? Why not share the free Kindle eshort Three Things I'd tell my younger self, by Joanna Cannon with contributions from Wendy Burn and Kate Lovett
- Read our response to the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Green Paper, and find out how we will continue to campaign in this space.
- CR225: Technology use and the mental health of children and young people (PDF)
- CR195: When to see a child and adolescent psychiatrist (PDF)
- CR198: Guidance for the use of audio-visual recording in child psychiatric practice (PDF)
- FR/CAP/GAP/01: Good mental health services for young people (PDF)
- FR/CAP/01: Survey of in-patient admissions for children and young people with mental health problems (PDF)
- FR/CAP/02: Physical health of children and adolescents What specialist child and adolescent psychiatrists need to know and do (PDF)
- Values Based CAMHS: What really matters to children and young people
- Position statement: Defining a health-based place of safety (S136) and crises assessment sites for young people under 18 (PDF)
- RCPSYCH and Tribunals Judiciary A Guide to Mental Health Tribunals for Young People (PDF)
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms in Children and Young People: A guide to assessing and managing patients who are referred to secondary care (PDF)
We produce a variety of leaflets on young people's mental health, catering for both young people, and parents, carers and teachers.
You can also see other resources such as books, films, helplines and websites.