See the latest news, reports and resources from the Faculty of Child and Adolescent psychiatry.
2022 Winter Institute
When: 1 February 2022
Where: Online event via Zoom
Further programme and booking details to follow.
The invasion of Ukraine with the attendant loss of life, injuries and displacement of families is devastating for its citizens and of concern to us all.
The impact on children is described well in the following paper War hits children first.
There are helpful resources for those who wish to support children and families who are directly or indirectly affected by the war on our website:
- CR225: Technology use and the mental health of children and young people
- CR195: When to see a child and adolescent psychiatrist
- CR198: Guidance for the use of audio-visual recording in child psychiatric practice
- FR/CAP/GAP/01: Good mental health services for young people
- FR/CAP/01: Survey of in-patient admissions for children and young people with mental health problems
- FR/CAP/02: Physical health of children and adolescents What specialist child and adolescent psychiatrists need to know and do
- Values Based CAMHS: What really matters to children and young people
- Position statement: Defining a health-based place of safety (S136) and crises assessment sites for young people under 18
- RCPSYCH and Tribunals Judiciary A Guide to Mental Health Tribunals for Young People
We produce a variety of leaflets on young people's mental health, catering for both young people, and parents, carers and teachers.
You can also see other resources such as books, films, helplines and websites.