Perinatal webinar #2 - 16 July 2020
In this webinar, chaired by Dr Jo Black, Faculty Chair, Dr Hind Khalifeh, the Faculty’s Academic Secretary, gives an overview of perinatal research and Covid-19.
We then hear from the perinatal leads in the devolved nations: Dr Julie Anderson (Northern Ireland), Dr Sue Smith (Wales) and Dr Selena Gleadow-Ware (Scotland).
Perinatal webinar #1 - 9 April 2020
In this webinar, Dr Livia Martucci, the Faculty’s Academic Secretary, talks about how community services in London are coping with COVID-19 and Harriet Clarke gives an update from the Perinatal Quality Network.
Other COVID-19 resources
You can also view the main College resources on COVID-19.
COVID-19: Mental health before, during and after pregnancy - resources for patients
Northern Ireland: development of new specialist Perinatal Mental Health Services
In January 2021 the Minister for Health Robin Swann approved funding for the development of a new specialist Perinatal Mental Health Services for the region.
Since then, the Public Health Agency (PHA) has been working with the five Health and Social Care Trusts to establish new multidisciplinary community perinatal mental health teams, that will include a new stepped care model to ensure regional consistency.
Watch the short video update to hear about the progress made to develop a Perinatal Mental Health Service in each Trust area.
To view the video update in full click here: vimeo.com/677677614 (February 2022)
NHS England and NHS Improvement resources
These resources from NHS England and NHS Improvement have been produced with women with experience of perinatal mental health conditions to increase knowledge about perinatal mental illness.
- Best Beginnings
- Maternal OCD (charity)
- Maternal MH Alliance
- World Psychiatric Association: Women's Mental Health Section
- International Marcé Society
- Break the silence
- Action on Puerperal Psychosis
- APP's patient perspective on Puerperal Psychosis
- The Angela Harrison Charitable Trust
- Delivering high quality, effective, compassionate care: Developing the right people with the right skills and the right values. A mandate from the Government to Health Education England
- NICE Antenatal and Postnatal Mental Health Guideline
- MBRRACE-UK Perinatal Mortality Surveillance report for births in 2016
- A Framework for Maternity Services in Scotland
- Early Intervention - Next Steps (Graham Allen MP)
We produce a variety of pages about maternal mental health that are co-produced with psychiatrists and patients.
Problems & Disorders
- Perinatal OCD for carers
- Postpartum psychosis for carers
- Postpartum psychosis
- Postnatal depression
- Postnatal depression for carers
- Postnatal depression: key facts
- Perinatal OCD
Support, Care & Treatment
Faculty of Perinatal Psychiatry Annual Conference, Autumn 2023 (date TBC)