The Royal College of Psychiatrists is keen to support International Medical Graduates (IMGs) who choose to follow a career in psychiatry in the UK.
This page is intended for doctors who completed their primary medical education outside the UK and wish to work in Psychiatry or pursue higher training in Psychiatry in the UK.
RCPsych have produced a guide for International Medical Graduates pursuing a career in psychiatry in the UK. The guide provides a comprehensive overview of working, training and living in the UK as a psychiatrist.
- Applying for registration as an International Medical Graduate (GMC guidance)
- Working in the UK (GMC guidance)
- Working and training in the NHS – a guide for international medical graduates (NHS Employers)
- Shortage Occupation List
- Recruitment into Approved Training Programmes in Psychiatry in England, Scotland & Wales or Northern Ireland
- MRCPsych Examinations
- Core & Specialty Training (College guidance)
- Medical Training Initiative
- "How do you like to learn?" London Deanery e-Modules for Internationally Educated Health Professionals
- A Career in Academic Medicine (Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience)
- Clinical attachment: a guide for doctors
- Good Medical Practice Learning Materials (GMC)
- CPD eLearning
- Trainees Online (online learning resource to support trainee psychiatrists in preparing for MRCPsych exams)
- Guide for doctors new to the UK (BMA)
- Advice for IMG GPs (Health Education Yorkshire and Humber)
- Working and training in the NHS – a guide for IMGs (NHS Employers)
- Health Education England