Thursday 21 January 2021
- find out what resources are out there to support everyday practice and research projects. Which should be used in different situations
- learn about point of care tools and explore BMJ Best Practice
- learn how to effectively and efficiently search databases of medical literature
- learn about Open Access research and how it can be accessed
- find out about and download useful apps.
- levels of evidence – what to search and when
- point of care tools – BMJ Best Practice
- Open Access Research
- useful apps
- how to find what you want in healthcare research databases, such as Medline and PsychINFO, including Boolean searching, search tips, limiting your results and exporting.
- how to search the databases and journals provided by the NHS
- how to search the databases and journals provided by the RCPsych.
This webinar was chaired by Dr Luke Baker (Chair, PTC) and delivered by Fiona Watson (RCPsych Library and Archives Manager).
Slides and Resources
Thank you for watching our free webinar. Please make sure to give us your feedback.
Please note these presentations are the intellectual property of the speaker and any unauthorised broadcasting/copying of any presentation is strictly prohibited.
Fiona Watson - Finding the Evidence: Database Searching and Other Information Sources (PDF)
Please note: This webinar included live demos of some of the tools mentioned in the presentation. Please watch the recording if you would like to see these demos.