The aims of this publication are to:
- Describe current provision of mental health services for people with a diagnosis of personality disorder in Scotland
- provide a consensus view endorsed by the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Scotland, on good practice for services providing care for people with a diagnosis of personality disorder
- contribute to better understanding of personality disorder and reduce stigma, whilst acknowledging there may be different views about this diagnosis
- describe current models of staff training
- describe examples of good practice in Scotland
- make recommendations for government and health boards on developing good services.