Today we publish an independent analysis of the member feedback given to our consultation on the Officers’ proposals to extend voting rights to Affiliates and to introduce online general meetings as a matter of course, ahead of our EGM on Thursday 8 September.
Overall, 115 members fed back to the consultation – with 54% supporting the proposal to extend voting rights to Affiliates and 89% supporting the proposal to introduce online AGMs and EGMs.
The summary of the feedback was compiled by independent market research company Research by Design.
Under our rules, for either proposed change to go through, we would need a two-thirds majority.
Given the fact our rules say we are not allowed to hold online general meetings, as a matter of course, the meeting on 8 September will be held at nine concurrent locations across the UK.
The venues for the meeting will be:
- Belfast – Clayton Hotel, 22 Ormeau Ave, BT2 8HS
- Birmingham – Priory Rooms, Quaker Meeting House, 40 Bull Street, B4 6AF
- Cardiff – Portland House 113-116 Bute Street, CF10 5EQ
- Edinburgh – RCPE (Physicians), 11 Queen Street, EH2 1JQ
- Exeter – Jurys Inn, Western Way, EX1 2DB
- Ipswich – IP-City Centre, 1 Bath Street, IP2 8SD
- Leeds – Novotel Leeds, 4 Whitehall Quay, LS1 4HR
- London – 21 Prescot Street, E1 8BB
- Newcastle – Toffee Factory, Lower Steenburgs Yard, Ouseburn Quayside, NE1 2DF.
Members and Specialist Associates will be entitled to speak and vote at the meeting.
If you intend to attend the physical meetings, please complete the registration form to help us understand expected numbers visiting each venue.
Please note that you can attend any venue that is most convenient to you and are not obliged to register in advance.
To watch the meeting online, please register using the link above. Please note that those watching online will not be able to speak or vote.
The agenda and papers can be found on our website using the button below.