With a General Election coming up the RCPsych has published a manifesto calling on the next Government to take action to improve the nation’s mental health.
In our manifesto, we set out our own ambitious vision.
- An NHS free from discrimination; where patients are no longer sent miles from home to access a mental health bed;
- and every mental health patient is given their own room in a safe and supportive environment.
The manifesto does not just look at the NHS, but calls for
- a bold reform of social care and addiction services
- investment in mental health research and for
- cross-governmental leadership on mental health.
These aims can only be achieved with the right staff, and this manifesto outlines plans to make mental health services a great place to work, and includes a proposal to double the number of students at medical school to train the psychiatrists of the future.
You can now read our published manifesto (pdf).
For further information, please contact:
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact Name: Jonathan Blay, Public Affairs Manager