- Data collection/ entry for clozapine topic (01/02/20): Data collection and entry period for Topic 18b: The use of clozapine has started. Data collection and entry will end on 30 April 2021 at 4pm.
- Deadline extension for clozapine topic (07/01/20): Due to the impact of COVID-19 on services, the data collection and entry period for Topic 18b: The use of clozapine has been extended. Data collection and entry will now end on 30 April 2021. In order to accommodate services that already made progress with sampling and preparation, the planned start date of 1 February for data collection and entry remains unchanged. We will continue to review this situation and will communicate any further changes to members. If you have any queries regarding the 2021 programme, please contact the POMH team by telephone 0208 618 4010, or by emailing POMH-UK@rcpsych.ac.uk.
- Data entry for Priadel service evaluation (07/12/20): Data entry period for the service evaluation ‘Switching from Priadel modified release tablets to an alternative lithium carbonate brand’ has now been further extended to 4pm on 18 December 2020.
- POMH-UK 15-year anniversary report (17/11/20): The POMH-UK team is pleased to announce the release of our 15-year anniversary report.
The report highlights some of the achievements made locally and nationally through our QI programmes, reflecting the long-term commitment of our members towards the improvement of patient care over the past 15 years.
We'd like to thank our members for their engagement with POMH-UK and congratulate them on their achievements. Though challenges remain, POMH-UK is strengthened by the widespread participation of its members and we look forward to continuing our work with you all. The report can be downloaded from the Resources page.
- Data entry deadline for Topic 20a (30/10/2020): Data entry for Topic 20a 'Improving the quality of valproate prescribing in adult mental health services' is due to end today, 30 October at 4pm. If you are unable to meet this deadline or are experiencing any difficulties in data submission online, please contact the POMH team by telephone 0208 618 4010, or by email POMH-UK@rcpsych.ac.uk.
- Calendar planner 2021 released (21/09/20): A revised calendar for 2021 is now available on the POMH-UK resources page, under 'QIP calendar planners'.
- New slide-sets (03/09/20): We're pleased to confirm that slide-sets on Topic 9d 'Prescribing antipsychotics in people with a learning disability in adult mental health services' can now be downloaded from the POMH-UK Members' Area.
- POMH telephone numbers update (01/09/20): Please be advised that from 1 September 2020, POMH telephone numbers have changed. For all general queries, please contact us on 020 8618 4010.
- New publication: A new paper using POMH-UK data from Topic 18a 'Use of clozapine', has recently been published in the Therapeutic Advances in Psychopharmacology journal: 'The physical health and side-effect monitoring of patients prescribed clozapine: data from a clinical audit conducted in UK mental health services'. A link to this paper can be found in the POMH-UK resources area, under the Publications list.
- New publication: A new paper using POMH-UK data from Topic 19a has recently been published in the Therapeutic Advances in Psychopharmacology journal: 'Prescribing for moderate or severe unipolar depression in patients under the long-term care of UK adult mental health services'. A link to this paper and all other POMH published papers can be found in the POMH-UK resources area.