- Paper published (29 July 2021): A new paper using data from Topic 9d has now been published in the BJPsych Bulletin: 'Prescribing antipsychotic medication for adults with intellectual disability: Shared responsibilities between mental health services and primary care'. A link to the paper and further publications by POMH-UK can be found on our Resources page.
- Data collection/entry update (30 June 2021): The published data entry deadline for Topic 14c: 'Prescribing for alcohol detoxification in adult mental health services' has now passed. Thank you to all members that have submitted data.
- New report released (17 June 2021): Following the release of our report in March on the quality of valproate prescribing, we have undertaken further data analysis with respect to practice standard 6 on implementation of the 'prevent' programme. We are pleased to confirm the release of a supplementary report presenting these data: POMH-UK QI Programme Topic 20a: Supplementary report: Meeting the requirements of ‘prevent’. We hope this report will be informative and helpful in your local QI work. The report is available to members of POMH-UK only and can be downloaded from the online Members' Area.
- Topic and calendar planner update for 2022 (17 June 2021): We are now able to confirm the topic of our new QI programme in 2022. This will be Topic 21a: 'The use of melatonin'. Dates for data collection and entry remain unchanged. Confirmation of these details can be found in the revised calendar planner for 2022, available on our Resources page.
- Paper published (16 April 2021): A new paper using data from Topic 17b has now been published in the Therapeutic Advances in Psychopharmacology journal: 'Side-effect monitoring of continuing LAI antipsychotic medication in UK adult mental health services'. A link to the paper and further publications by POMH-UK can be found on our Resources page.
- Slide-sets released (16 April 2021): Customised slide-sets are now available to POMH-UK members, to support dissemination of findings from our latest report, Topic 20a: 'Improving the quality of valproare prescribing in mental health services'. Slides can be downloaded from the online Members' Area.
- Report released (30 March 2021): We are pleased to confirm that our baseline report for Topic 20: 'Improving the quality of valproate prescribing in adult mental health services' has now been released. The report is available to members of POMH-UK only and can be downloaded from the online Members' Area.
- POMH-UK 15-year anniversary report (17 November 2020): The POMH-UK team is pleased to announce the release of our 15-year anniversary report.
The report highlights some of the achievements made locally and nationally through our QI programmes, reflecting the long-term commitment of our members towards the improvement of patient care over the past 15 years.
We'd like to thank our members for their engagement with POMH-UK and congratulate them on their achievements. Though challenges remain, POMH-UK is strengthened by the widespread participation of its members and we look forward to continuing our work with you all. The report can be downloaded from the Resources page.
- Calendar planner 2021 released (21 September 2020): A revised calendar for 2021 is now available on the POMH-UK resources page, under 'QIP calendar planners'.
- New slide-sets (3 September 2020): We're pleased to confirm that slide-sets on Topic 9d 'Prescribing antipsychotics in people with a learning disability in adult mental health services' can now be downloaded from the POMH-UK Members' Area.
- POMH telephone numbers update (1 September 2020): Please be advised that from 1 September 2020, POMH telephone numbers have changed. For all general queries, please contact us on 0208 618 4010.