Find out more about how RCPsych in Northern Ireland is run.
Dr Richard Wilson has been the Chair of RCPsych in Northern Ireland since July 2020.
The Devolved Council is the principal decision-making body of RCPsych in Northern Ireland. All major budget and policy matters are considered by Devolved Council which acts as a link between RCPsych in Northern Ireland and the central College in London.
The Devolved Council meets four times a year and is made up of the honorary officers and representatives of each of the faculties and specialist committees, together with the patient and carer representatives.
- Chair – Dr Richard Wilson
- Vice Chair – Dr Stephen Moore
- Education and Training Committee Representative – Dr Dearbhail Lewis
- Finance Officer – Dr Liz Dawson
- Regional Advisor – Dr Adrian East
- Elected Members – Dr Julie Anderson, Dr Chris Sharkey, Dr Ross Irvine (co-opted) and Dr Blanca Bjourson (co-opted)
- Policy Lead – Dr Michael Doherty
Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
RCPsych NI has five honorary officers who also serve on its Senior Leadership Team along with the Regional Advisor and Policy Lead. The SLT is chaired by the RCPsych NI Manager and oversees the operational aspects of the College in Northern Ireland.
Chair: Dr Richard Wilson, FRCPsych. Richard is a Child and Adolescent Consultant within the Northern Trust. He was formerly the Chair of the College’s CAP Faculty and was elected Chair of the Northern Ireland Devolved Nation in 2020 and is also a member of UK Council, and Trustees as well as a Vice President of the College.
Vice-Chair: Dr Stephen Moore, FRCPsych. Stephen was appointed Vice-Chair of RCPsych NI in 2021. Stephen is a Consultant Psychiatrist working in South Eastern Health & Social Care Trust. He is interested in information systems to support good clinical practice, including clinical IT systems and also data in healthcare and medical education.
Finance Officer: Dr Liz Dawson, MRCspych, is a Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry within the Southern Trust. Previously she chaired the RCPsych NI SAS Committee and in 2019 was awarded UK SAS Doctor of the Year. She was appointed Finance Officer in 2020.
RCPsych NI is supported by Emma Allen, Trudy Parry and Thomas McKeever.
Faculties, Special Interest Groups, and committees
- Child and adolescent psychiatry – Dr Holly Greer
- Forensic psychiatry – Dr Adrian East
- General adult psychiatry – Dr Blanca Bjourson
- Intellectual disability psychiatry – Dr Heather Hanna
- Old age psychiatry – Dr Conor Barton
- Addictions psychiatry – Dr Donna Mullan
- Medical psychotherapy – Dr Owen McNeill
Special Interest Group Chairs
- Academic psychiatry – Dr Ciaran Mulholland
- Eating disorders psychiatry – Dr David Coyle
- Liaison psychiatry – Dr Jo Minay
- Perinatal psychiatry – Dr Judith O'Neil
- Rehabilitation and social psychiatry – Vacant
Committee Chairs and Representatives
- Speciality and Associate (SAS) Committee Chair – Dr Gabriel Mulvaney
- Psychiatric Trainees Committee Representatives – Dr Chris Walsh and Dr Ben McClure