- CR224 Role of the Consultant Psychiatrist in Medical Psychotherapy (PDF)
- Psychotherapy survey: 2018 training report on 2016 survey data (PDF)
- Faculty report: Evidence in support of Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (PDF)
- Occasional paper: Learning from the Cradle to the Grave: the psychotherapeutic development of doctors from beginning to end of a career in medicine and psychiatry (PDF)
- Occasional paper: Using formulation in general psychiatric care: good practice (PDF)
- Faculty report: Faculty of Medical Psychotherapy Position on Electronic Patient Records (PDF)
- Faculty position paper: Outcome Measures for Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Services (PDF)
Psychodynamic Psychiatry Day 2022
Date: 11 November 2022
Location: Royal College of Psychiatrists, 21 Prescot Street, London, E1 8BB
Booking details to follow soon.
Medical Psychotherapy Annual Conference 2023
Date: 17 - 19 April 2023
Further details to follow in due course
Our faculty and the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) have worked together to provide a pathway for medical psychotherapists wishing to become members of the UKCP.
If you hold GMC specialist registration in medical psychotherapy with a licence to practise you may be eligible to apply to become a member of the UKCP through the Accrediting Organisation for Medical Psychotherapy.
Read our briefing note about the Talking Therapies Taskforce (pdf), which is made up of six leading counselling and psychotherapy bodies.