The Finance Management Committee considers the College’s financial policy and makes recommendations/reports to the Board of Trustees
What is the committee responsible for?
The committee’s main role is to:
- monitor the current and longer term financial situation of the College by regular review of relevant management information.
- scrutinise all annual budgets.
- scrutinise Research grant budgets when and if funding has been approved rather than at the point of application.
- scrutinise in appropriate detail the financial implications of any new project, initiative, service or contract.
- review and make recommendations about travel and subsistence rates, staff cost of living increases, payments to users and carers and membership subscription & registration fees.
- develop further, monitor and analyse fund-raising activities in conjunction with relevant groups.
- monitor income from all sources and to promote income generation.
- monitor risk management aspects of new and ongoing activities with particular regard to potential financial risks.
Who is on the committee?
|Chair (Honorary Treasurer)||Dr Jan Falkowski|
|Divisions representative||Dr Suresh Babu|
|Faculties representative||Dr Lenny Cornwall|
|Elected members’ representative||Prof Keith Lloyd|
|Lay Trustee||Malcolm Basing|
|Chief Executive||Paul Rees|
|Interim Director of Finance and Operations||Calum Mercer|