Our strategic plan 2019-20 is called Excellence in psychiatry: High-quality, person-centred care.
It sets outs our top priorities for the next two calendar years. Our major objectives are:
- Delivering education and training, and promoting research in psychiatry
- Promoting recruitment and retention in psychiatry
- Improving standards and quality across psychiatry, and wider mental health services, and supporting the prevention of mental ill health
- Being the voice of psychiatry
- Supporting psychiatrists to achieve their professional potential, by providing an excellent member experience, and
- Ensuring the effective management of resources, and providing an excellent employee experience, so as to efficiently deliver agreed priorities.
The strategic plan also sets out a new vision for the organisation, which is of: “A strong and progressive College that supports its members to deliver high-quality, person-centred care across the UK, and all over the world.”
Our work during 2019-20, will be underpinned by our values.