We welcome all adult community learning disability units who would like the opportunity to evaluate the service they provide by working with the project team and peers from similar services to share best practice and improve quality of care.
Benefits of Joining
- Membership demonstrates a commitment to providing the highest level of care to service users.
- Member services receive year-round support from the QNLD Project Team.
- The network provides an annual forum and additional learning events. These can count towards staff members continuing professional development.
- Peer reviews provide the opportunity to visit similar units and share ideas.
- The network supports an online peer discussion group.
- The process provides evidence to support CQC inspections and other regulatory processes:
"We had had difficulties with our CQC inspection in 2015 and required improvement. During the most recent CQC inspection, inspectors felt there were some substantial progress. We informed them of the recent QNLD involvement and they reported that it was clear that the input had made a big difference to the environment and leadership of the unit. Most of the standards used by QNLD were very similar to the ones used by CQC, hence the real impact observed. We have this week received the results of the inspection and the unit was rated as outstanding." – QNLD Member Service
QNLD membership costs £2,250 (+VAT) per year.