There is no deadline for joining the Community of Communities.
We welcome applications at any point in our annual cycle of self- and peer- review. You can apply to join the membership by either completing the joining form online (please
use this form alongside the Fee Calculator which explains membership fees).
Who should join
We offer membership to all therapeutic communities, or services who are developing a therapeutic culture, who are committed to working with the CofC service standards and engage with other members in the sharing of ideas, achievements and challenges.
Membership is at the level of the therapeutic community participating in the review cycle rather than at the parent organization or NHS Trust.
What is expected?
- Provide a link person to liaise with the CofC team
- Involve all community members in the CofC process as far as possible
- Ensure community members are kept up-to-date with the CofC network and encourage involvement e.g. disseminating information from the discussion, publicising reviews and events, etc.
- Provide at least 3 community members including client members, where appropriate, to attend peer-review/accreditation visits and authorise accompanying travel costs (Full and Accreditation Members only)
- Provide a senior person for TC specialist (Accreditation Members only)
- Take responsibility for inviting key stakeholders from both internal and external agencies (e.g. senior managers, referrers, statutory inspectors etc.) to attend the communities’ peer-review/accreditation visit (if applicable)
- Take responsibility for assisting CofC in disseminating important information to members e.g. tell us about policy changes, relevant articles etc.
- Commit to returning all necessary correspondence to the CofC team in a timely manner
Annual membership fees are calculated based on the level of membership applied for, the size of your community, and the sector in which you operate. We have created a fee calculator which may help.
If you wish to sign up multiple communities, The Project Team may be able to organise bespoke packages for your team or Trust by finding the best variation on our membership options to suit your service.
Members of CCQI quality networks in the NHS who have a surplus at the end of the financial year can use this opportunity to extend their membership – either by signing up additional services or by paying in advance for multiple years of membership.
We invoice members from April of each year.
VAT is charged on membership of the network. However, NHS Trusts are entitled to re-claim the VAT that you pay on your CofC membership fees. Trusts can ‘refund’ the VAT the team has paid to the team. We will be happy to provide
VAT receipts for those trying to reclaim VAT from their trust.