The National Association of Lead Nurses in ECT (NALNECT) represents nurses and other professionals working in electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) clinics in England, Northern Ireland and Wales. NALNECT is a non-profit making organisation.
We organise regional special interest groups, support nurse training events and run a conference for ECT practitioners every 2 years.
Our aims are:
- To provide expert knowledge, information and advice on all matters relating to ECT practice.
- To provide a forum for the provision of evidence-based practice in ECT.
- To promote the provision of local Special Interest Groups and to enable every ECT clinic to be represented.
- To work collaboratively with the ECT Accreditation Service (ECTAS).
- To facilitate and promote ECT Nurse education.
- To network with the RCN, RCPsych, Scottish ECT Audit Network (SEAN), Committee Of Nurses at ECT in Scotland (CONECTS) and other appropriate national bodies.
NALNECT believes that all people who use our services should be treated as individuals and welcomes any contribution and opinion made by them.
NALNECT believes that ECT is one of a variety of beneficial treatments available and should be viewed as part of a holistic process.
Our next ECT conference will be in May 2020 and is open to all professionals working in ECT.
NALNECT Committee Members
|Chair Person||Karen Osolaemail@example.com|
|Deputy Chair||Kara Hannigan||Kara.Hannigan@.wales.nhs.uk|
|Deputy Treasurer||Andy Thompsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Special Interest Groups
ECT Nurse Special Interest Groups are forums where nurses from ECT clinics can meet, share best practice, learning and ideas and receive updates on relevant issues. ECTAS standards recommend that clinic nurses attend the Special Interest Groups (SIGs).
Special Interest Groups are run in the following areas:
|North West||Angela Brownemail@example.com|
|North East||Vanda Brackfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|South West||Pam Spenceremail@example.com|
|South East||Mandy Tatefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|East Anglia||Beth Clayton||Beth.Clayton@nsft.nhs.uk|
|East Midlands||Steve Frame||Steve.Frame@nottshc.nhs.uk|
|West Midlands||Julie Wightman||Julie.email@example.com|
For further information about NALNECT or how to join your local Special Interest Group, please contact the regional group lead.