The National Association of Lead Nurses in ECT (NALNECT) represents nurses and other professionals working in electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) clinics in England, Northern Ireland and Wales. NALNECT is a non-profit making organisation.
We organise regional special interest groups, support nurse training events and run a conference for ECT practitioners every 2 years.
Our aims are to:
- provide expert knowledge, information and advice on all matters relating to ECT practice
- provide a forum for the provision of evidence-based practice in ECT
- promote the provision of local Special Interest Groups and to enable every ECT clinic to be represented
- work collaboratively with the ECT Accreditation Service (ECTAS)
- facilitate and promote ECT Nurse education
- network with the RCN, RCPsych, Scottish ECT Audit Network (SEAN), Committee of Nurses at ECT in Scotland (CONECTS) and other appropriate national bodies.
NALNECT believes that all people who use our services should be treated as individuals and welcomes any contribution and opinion made by them.
NALNECT believes that ECT is one of a variety of beneficial treatments available and should be viewed as part of a holistic process.
The next NALNECT conference will be in May 2022 and is open to all professionals working in ECT.
Special Interest Groups
These are the areas where Special Interest Groups operate. For more information on your local group, please contact the Chair.
|North West||East Midlands|
|North East||West Midlands|
|East Anglia||Northern Ireland|
For further information about NALNECT or how to join your local Special Interest Group, please contact the Chair.