On this page you can find our national reports, newsletters, examples of best practice and Memory-Chat discussion topics.
If you’re a current MSNAP member, and would like examples copies of policies or guidance in order to help you meet MSNAP standards, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request them.
- Newcastle University Driving with Dementia or Mild Cognitive Impairment Consensus Guidelines, published 29/11/2018
- 3 Nations Dementia Working Group. The group welcomes anyone with a diagnosis of dementia who lives in England, Northern Ireland or Wales. The aim is to become the ‘go to’ group within the three nations (of England, Northern Ireland and Wales) for anyone seeking input from people with dementia.
The MSNAP National Report takes note of the recent findings from the national accreditation programme, including details of awarded accreditations, common areas for improvement, patient and carer themes, and anonymised benchmarked data.
It also includes developments in MSNAP and our goals for the future.
The following resources are examples of best practice sourced from MSNAP member services. If you would like to submit an example of best practice or request one not listed below, please contact MSNAP@rcpsych.ac.uk.
Has your team done or achieved something that you’d like to share? We’d love to hear from you!
We’re always on the lookout for work to include in our newsletter which we publish every 6 months. If you’d like to submit an article, please email MSNAP@rcpsych.ac.uk.
Past newsletters archive:
Please contact us if you would like copies of older issues of the newsletter.
Memory-Chat is an email discussion group which allows MSNAP members to:
- Share ideas for good practice and trouble-shooting problems
- Request information on policies, practice and service development plans
- Discuss standards, data collection and other aspects of MSNAP membership
- Inform colleagues of peer review opportunities, events, publications and job vacancies
If you’re an MSNAP member and would like to take part, simply email ‘Join’ to Memory-Chat@rcpsych.ac.uk with your role and which service you work for, and we’ll send you a welcome email with instructions of how to participate.
Past Memory-Chat Queries
Below are examples of past Memory-Chat queries. If you’re an MSNAP member and would like access to the responses to any of these queries, please email us at Memory-Chat@rcpsych.ac.uk.
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST)
- Job descriptions and competencies
- Young onset dementia support
- Cognitive testing
- Interpretation of brain scans
- Dementia cafes
- Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) protocol
- Driving and dementia
- Service specification
- GP liaison
- Reminiscence groups
- Advance care planning