The second PLAN National Report was published in 2016 and contains data collected from PLAN member teams during 2012-15. It contains themes from liaison psychiatry services including areas of high satisfaction and good performance, as well as areas that require improvement in many teams.
Helpful documents for PLAN teams
If you'd like ideas on how to create a patient leaflet or tips on helping your team improve its self -review responses, see the helpful documents below.
The 'Northumberland Liaison Psychiatry and Self-Harm team' at Greenacres kindly provided us with the patient information template. This can be amended with your own team information and given to patients after an assessment.
The 'Older Adult Psychiatry liaison service' at the Royal London Hospital provided us with the discharge letter template, which can be used to copy in information about an assessment to the patient, the hospital consultant and the patient's GP. Again, this can be amended as necessary.
- Patient information template
- Discharge letter template
- Tips on improving self-review response rates
- Safe assessment rooms which meet PLAN standards
- Operational policy template
Online CPD modules
You may find these online modules useful.
- Don't Shrink... from ECGs
- Managing depression in physically ill patients
- Physical healthcare in severe mental illness
- Polypharmacy - causes and consequences
- Substance misuse in older people
- The physical examination in psychiatric practice: Part 1
- The physical examination in psychiatric practice: Part 2
PLAN chat queries
PLAN will help liaison professionals to network with each other. Our active email discussion group is free to join. To take part, simply email, 'Join' to PLANemail@example.com and detail which team you work in and what your role is.
**Please note this is for PLAN members only and those involved with PLAN such as Service User Experts**