Find out more about how RCPsych in Northern Ireland is run.
Professor Gerry Lynch has been the Chair of RCPsych in Northern Ireland since 2016. In June 2020, Dr Richard Wilson will take up this four-year role, having been elected in December 2019.
The Executive Committee of the Devolved Council is the principal decision-making body of RCPsych in Northern Ireland. All major budget and policy matters are considered by the Executive Committee which acts as a link between RCPsych in Northern Ireland and the central College in London.
Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
RCPsych NI has five elected honorary officers who also serve on its Senior Leadership Team, which oversees the operational aspects of the College in Northern Ireland.
- Chair: Professor Gerry Lynch, FRCPsych. Gerry was a Clinical Director within the Northern Trust from 2003 and Divisional Medical Director from 2015. He appointed Chair of the Northern Ireland Devolved Nation in 2016 and is also a member of Central Council, RCPsych’s Board of Trustees of RCPsych, as well as a Vice President of the College.
- Vice-Chair: Dr Michael Doherty, FRCPsych. Michael was appointed Vice-Chair of RCPsych NI in 2017. He served as a General Adult psychiatrist across Belfast and has been a long-standing member of the central College’s General Adult Faculty.
- Finance Officer: Dr Stephen Moore, MRCPsych. Stephen is a Consultant Psychiatrist based in the South Eastern Trust. He was appointed Finance Officer in 2016 and chairs RCPsych NI’s Informatics Group.
- Education Officer: Dr Dearbhail Lewis, MRCPsych. Dearbhail is a Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist in the Belfast Trust. She is an Educational Supervisor for Foundation Year 1 doctors, as well as both Core and Senior Trainee Psychiatrists.
- Regional Advisor: Dr Ryan O’ Neill MRCPsych. Ryan was appointed to this role in 2017. He manages the College’s job approval process in liaison with the health trusts. Ryan is a Consultant Psychiatrist in the Northern Trust and is also chair of RCPsych NI’s ADHD Working Group.
Faculties and Committees
SAS Committee – Chair Dr Elizabeth Dawson
Forensic Faculty – Chair Dr Adrian East
Addictions Faculty – Chair Dr Billy Gregg
General Adult Faculty – Chair Dr Rowan McClean
Liaison Faculty – Dr Joanne Minay ID Faculty – Dr Arun Subramanian
Rehabilitation Faculty - Vacant
CAP Faculty – Dr Richard Wilson
Perinatal Faculty – Dr Julie Anderson
Policy – Dr Peter Trimble
PIPSIG – Chair Dr John Sharkey
Academic Committee – Dr Tony O’ Neill
Psychotherapy Faculty – Dr Owen McNeill
POA Faculty – Dr Conor Barton