We aim to promote and protect the rights and wellbeing of older people and their families by supporting and educating old age psychiatrists and trainees and sharing best practice .
Chair: Dr Adam Daly
Vice Chair: Dr Vivek Pattan
- Generic all-age services by health providers will damage services and could threaten the quality of care provided to elderly patients
- Alzheimer Scotland - Responding to stress and distress in people with dementia
Scottish Dementia Clinical Research Network
The Scottish Dementia Clinical Research Network (SDCRN) has been set up with the intention of spreading a culture of clinical research in dementia across Scotland and improving recruitment from both urban and rural areas.
Their most current newsletter is now available.
Publication of Care of Older People in Hospital Standards
Healthcare Improvement Scotland have published revised standards for Care of Older People in Hospital.
The standards are available for download and includes the consultation report, with every comment submitted during their consultation along with comments from the project group.
Mental health and incapacity organisations
- Dementia Services Development Centre
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN)
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- Scotland's Health On the Web
Service user and carer organisations