Resources to help in your career
Fellowship of the College is awarded as a mark of distinction and recognition of contributions to psychiatry. Because it is a College award, candidates and citators are asked to demonstrate and evidence significant contributions to the core purposes of the Royal College of Psychiatrists:
- Setting standards and promoting excellence in mental health care.
- Leading, representing and supporting psychiatrists.
- Working with service users, carers and their organisations.
Candidates are invited also to document their contributions to the College's stated aim of patient centred practice through: Professionalism, innovation and research, lifelong learning, fairness and inclusion, ethical practice and multi-disciplinary working. If successful, Fellows are entitled to use the designation ‘FRCPsych’ once they have paid the prescribed registration fee.
Nominees for the Fellowship must be subscribing Members of the College at the time when nominations are submitted. Sponsors will be notified if this is not the case.
Nominations are considered annually by College committees.
All Members who have achieved 10 years in Membership as at 1 January 2020 are encouraged to consider applying for Fellowship for the 2020/2021 round. The deadline for submission is 30 June 2020.
All applications received will be submitted to the Nominations Committee for consideration. The outcome of the decisions made by the Nominations Committee will be sent to the applicants in October / November.
For any further information about Fellowship please contact Richa Sharma, Membership Operations Manager on 020 3701 2580 / 020 3701 2589 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations for the College Fellowship must be supported by two Sponsors, both of whom must be subscribing Members of the College.
Sponsors must not be members of the Education, Training & Standards Committee at the time of submitting their nomination.
All information relating to the creation and approval of consultant and non consultant job descriptions, including exemplars, guides and checklist can be found on our job description page.
Statutory responsibility for administrating the approvals function in the South of England is the England South Approvals Panel.
The Approval Panel has psychiatric and GP membership from across the South of England.
Every application receives individual consideration in light of the criteria set by the Panel.
A list of contact details for Regional S12 Administrators is available to download.
Here you can find useful information for retired, or soon to be retired, members of the Division.
- BMA Financial Planning
- When you retire from Professional Practice you may be entitled to pay a lower subscription fee. See the retirement declaration form (doc) for further eligibility details.
- Psychiatrists' Support Service provides a confidential support and advice service for members, trainee members and associates of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- CPD and revalidation information
- For an opportunity to contribute towards the history and development of Psychiatry you can help with the conservation and repair of the Colleges antiquarian book collection by donating to the Adopt-a-Book scheme
- Information on Legacies and Donations to the Royal College of Psychiatrists
This page provides links to current policy documents.
There are currently no consultations requiring responses.
Please visit the policy and parliamentary pages for details of current projects and previous consultation responses.
- Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust
- Isle Of Wight NHS Trust
- Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- NHS Confederation Mental Health Network
Visit our mental health information section for readable and accurate information about mental health problems.
There are fact sheets and leaflets available to download and print.
Some more useful links:
- Combat Stress – the UK’s leading charity for military veterans’ complex mental health needs, offering free resources, support and evidence-based interdisciplinary treatment
- healthtalk – award-winning website that lets you share in other people's experiences
- MIND in Your Area
- NHS Mental Health Information
- Rethink Local
- Samaritans - South East Branches
- Signpost Kent - route to advice and help for people in Kent seeking information about mental health