ArtSIG aims to enrich practice by promoting arts therapies and the use of the arts in education and in enhancing the understanding of psychiatrists’ roles within medicine and within society.
From this page you can sign up to ArtSIG, get involved in promoting the arts in psychiatry and keep up to date with latest news and events.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and collaboration
- Promote art as therapy
- Promote understanding of arts therapies
- Utilise our professional expertise to support the authentic portrayal of mental states
Our Current Objectives:
- To grow the SIG membership and identify the many arts activities taking place
- We are seeking articles of any relevance
- Inform ArtSIG members of any relevant upcoming arts events
TBS Balamurali (Joint Chair)
Peter MacRae (Joint Chair)
Hannah Ali (Financial Officer)
Save the Date- Arts and Psychiatry Full Day Conference on 08 April 2019 at the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
More information to follow shortly.
Louis Quail: Big Brother Artist Talk and Q&A on Thursday 04 October 2018, 18:00-20:00 at the Royal College of Psychiatrists
The Art of Psychiatry Society has been exploring the relationship between the arts and psychiatry, through artists talks, since 2011. This year the Art of Psychiatry Society and the RCPsych Art SIG joined forces to wlecome their first guest artist to give a talk at the Royal College.
Louis Quail is a documentary photographer and he discussed his recently published work Big Brother. More information about Louis and his work is available at louisquail.com