These courses are open to psychiatrists and trainees from all specialties, other doctors and a range of multi-disciplinary professionals.
These courses are tailored to the needs of individual practitioners and their employing organisations within the UK and beyond. The courses are aimed at upskilling the mental health workforce and addressing some of the gaps between evidence and practice in current service provision.
This course costs £750, which includes access to the eLearning modules and your live three-hour Q&A session.
NHS Trusts wishing to purchase 10 or more places on the course will be offered discounted rates. Please contact us for further details.
The certificate is made up of 12 hours of six e-learning modules, 24 hours of self-study time, free access to six hours of previous RCPsych CPD eLearning, an online assessment for each of the six e-learning modules and a three-hour interactive webinar with an expert faculty.
The eLearning modules will be hosted on our CPD eLearning platform.
Each module is comprised of recorded presentations, interactive learning exercises and an end of-module test.
CPD eLearning modules are accessible on any device or browser, although there are a few things to bear in mind when choosing your method:
Desktop or laptop computers (PC or Mac) are ideal for online learning. Modules are accessible on all browsers and are tested at development stage on Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.
Tablets are ideal for working through modules when you are not able to access a computer as the screens tend to be large enough to display the content at full quality.
We do not recommend working through modules on a mobile phone. Although modules are accessible on phones, the small screens mean that the process can be fiddly and some of the content will be difficult to read and engage with (such as interactive activities).
If you experience any technical issues when working through a module you can visit our FAQs for assistance.
No. The online modules have been designed to be completed in your own time to allow flexibility around other work and home commitments. Regular breaks are encouraged.
The exception to this is the live Q&A webinar, which you will need to attend in order to complete the course and achieve your certificate. You will need to book to attend a specific live session.
To receive your course certificate, you will need to have completed the eLearning and have attended a webinar.
If your eLearning is complete, the course organisers will email you your course certificate shortly after your webinar.
- The RCPsych Certificated Courses consist of up to 18 hours of eLearning, a three-hour webinar and 24 hours of further reading.
- For the College’s CPD purposes, the normal daily limits will apply- i.e., you may claim a maximum of six CPD hours per day.
- For the College’s CPD purposes, a maximum of five hours per year can be claimed for further reading.
- All CPD points are subject to peer group approval.
- The attendance certificate provided by the College will only mention the Course completion date (i.e. the date of your live webinar), however you will get a separate certificate for each completed eLearning module, which can be used as evidence for CPD, subject to peer group approval.